Interested in gaining experience in a truly unique work environment? Like tackling challenges, bringing ideas to the table, and owning their execution? Need flexible hours? School credit?
Cowork Frederick is seeking applicants for the following positions:
About Cowork Frederick
Cowork Frederick is a coworking space in downtown Frederick. Our mission is to help freelancers, teleworkers and micro-biz entrepreneurs be more successful by creating ways for them to come together to work, share ideas, and support each other. We provide a work-friendly environment, meeting rooms, high speed internet, and the usual office amenities at an affordable price. The best thing about us, though, is the opportunity to connect with the awesome members of our coworking community.
Bonus – In addition, joining our team also gives you:
- Access to our workspace for your own projects, to meet with study groups, etc. seven days a week.
- Invitations to events that range from “lunch and learns” to networking socials.
- Opportunities to connect with others who can share insights and experiences in a broad range of professions (software development, marketing, content creation, law, etc.).
- Attitude – We have “playground rules”, like being considerate, to which all interns must adhere. In addition, we want you to approach your internship with integrity, leadership and a can-do attitude.
- Laptop – Everyone at Cowork Frederick uses their own computers, so you’ll need to bring a laptop you can use for your work. We’ll give you access to our network, software, and the files you need.
- Prerequisite Skills – You must have basic computer skills and good communication skills, be able work independently (once given direction) and effectively manage your time to complete tasks.
- Parking – We do not have dedicated parking. There are two parking garages within a block of our location. That said, we encourage walking, biking, car-pooling and taking public transportation.
- Work schedule – We’ll work with you to agree on a work schedule up front, then ask you to adhere to that schedule.
About our Internships
Our internships provide an opportunity to learn while surrounded by people with a variety of skills and are designed to allow you gain experience while working with others to achieve your goals. They are offered for school credit only (they are unpaid). Internships typically last 12 weeks and start in June, September, and January, but can be extended. We will gladly adapt the internship as best we can to meet your school’s requirements for class credit.
Click on one of the roles above to review the details, then complete an application.