The best thing about Cowork Frederick is the people. Check out the Member Spotlights below for a glimpse of who you might run into on a day of coworking with us or at one of our events.
Who are we?
We are software developers, marketers, attorneys, writers, engineers, project managers, scientists, and more. We are independents and freelancers, teleworkers, creatives and entrepreneurs. We could work anywhere, but we choose to come together to do our work in the building at 122 E Patrick St.
Because together is better (TM) isn’t just our tag line. We really do believe we are happier and healthier when we are part of a community. Creativity is stimulated by conversations or learning about other’s work. Others challenge us to be better. The list goes on and on.
- Member Spotlight: Bethany GoodBethany Good is a prolific poet, creative writer, author, and storyteller. Her love of the written word began early and has remained a steadfast passion over her life. For over 25 years she has honed her craft through poetry, short […]
- Behind the Music: Matt Johnston Empowers Local ArtistsCreating parent-friendly lullabies and an artist-friendly record label for the digital age. One of the benefits of joining Cowork Frederick is the fascinating and friendly folks you meet. The members here tend to be well-rounded professionals from many different industries […]
- Member Spotlight: Morgan CherishMorgan Cherish is a Speech Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP) and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who specializes in developing language-focused programs based on the science of applied behavior analysis for children with autism, Down syndrome, and other developmental disabilities. Because of […]
- Member Spotlight: Scott HarrisScott Harris is an award-winning writer and editor with instincts honed in the newsroom. Whether it’s a leading media outlet or nonprofit organization, Scott has a proven ability to bring clarity to complex subject matter for both general and expert […]
- Member Spotlight: Chris NicoliChris Nicoli is a technology professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who helps small to mid-sized businesses and non-profits understand the positive impact and ROI that technology can bring. His company, Teltek Systems, Inc., gets involved with all aspects of technology […]
- Member Spotlight: Emily MellusoEmily Melluso is a data science research professional with a passion for serving communities facing challenges. She currently works for the American Institutes for Research (AIR), where she applies her background in qualitative and quantitative research methods, survey development, and […]
- Member Spotlight: Christine GilbertChristine Gilbert has spent more than 30 years doing marketing in national, B2B companies in a wide variety of industries, including multifamily housing, printing, mortgage, nonprofits, and environmental. She has extensive experience in strategic planning and tactical implementation of marketing […]
- Member Spotlight: Andy HesslerAndy Hessler is a mechanical engineer who specializes in hydraulic system design. He has worked on platforms diverse as forklifts, combines, and crawler cranes. The challenges he faced led to him to dive deep into the analysis of fluid power […]
- Member Spotlight: Kathy DienerKathy Diener is an attorney who specializes in helping veterans who are seeking disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Kathy brings the expertise and experience needed to navigate the appeals process when benefit claims are denied (VA regulations […]
- Member Spotlight: Jane HelmJane is a Certified Financial Coach who followed her passion to help people with their everyday financial decision making. She specializes in helping her clients gain clarity around financial goal setting, communication and action steps that lead to increased confidence […]
- Member Spotlight: Matt JohnstonMatt Johnston (#Mattthelawyer) is a small business attorney. He has been in private practice since 2007 and launched his own practice, the Johnston Business Law Group in 2012. Matt is also the co-owner of Jammy Jams, a music company creating lullaby […]
- Member Spotlight: Julia FergusonAs a founder and keeper of Cowork Frederick Julia Ferguson juggles an almost inexhaustible number of roles, but at the heart of her mission is the desire to see people from all walks of life connect, grow, and thrive through building a supportive, engaging community.
- Member Spotlight: Joel HallJoel has spent the last 25 years helping others get the support they need. Whether he’s working one-on-one with people to connect them to programs that will support their growth and rehabilitation or overseeing discretionary grants programs at the State and local level, helping improve the lives of others is Joel’s calling in life.
- Member Spotlight: Liz Van BruntLiz at a Glance Profession: President of Your Third Hand Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org Personal Motto: “Don’t take it personally.” Why she chooses to cowork: To be amongst others who also seek community while working remotely. Virtual Office Management For more […]
- Member Spotlight: Courtney CromartiePivoting professions can be a messy and daunting process. Learn how one member is navigating the switch from the culinary world to the engineering and technology industry and hear her top tips for handling the chaos that comes along with a big career change.
- Featured Member: Sue SlagleRecently moved to Frederick from Portland, OR, Sue Slagle is an artist, co-owner of Kevin Slagle Design and Build (KSDB), and a property manager. Her dual interests in art and technology have led her down a fascinating path that reveals the power of saying yes and seeking out your community.
- Featured Member: Charles T “Teddy” Galloway IIITeddy Galloway is an entrepreneur and instructor with a big vision for the world. After spending the last 15 years responding to and teaching others how to respond to emergency situations involving chemical, biological, radiation, and nuclear weapons he is […]
- Featured Cowork Frederick Member: Sam St-PhardSam St-Phard is an insurance benefits broker and small business owner in downtown Frederick. He is the founder and Principal Broker of SSP Benefits, a group that assembles insurance plans on a mass scale for employers to offer their employees. […]
- Featured Member: Bliss SpillarBliss Spillar is the Lead Pastor at Redemption City Church, a new church in downtown Frederick that he founded – Bliss prefers “planted” – in November 2014. He draws many parallels between founding a church and founding a company. He’s […]
- Featured Member: Emily LucasEmily Lucas is the Membership and Operations Director at the Association for the Study of Middle East and Africa (ASMEA), an organization that promotes a greater understanding of the region by fostering freedom in teaching and acceptance of all viewpoints. […]