The best thing about Cowork Frederick is the people.
Who are we?
We are software developers, marketers, attorneys, writers, engineers, project managers, scientists, and more. We are independents and freelancers, teleworkers, creatives and entrepreneurs. We could work anywhere, but we choose to come together to do our work in the building at 122 E Patrick St.
Because together is better (TM) isn’t just our tag line. We really do believe we are happier and healthier when we are part of a community.
- Cowork Frederick Members Find Creative Ways to Care for OthersCowork Frederick members talk about their professional journeys, the challenges they faced as caregivers, and how they overcame those challenges to find personal and professional success. Caregivers in the US face many challenges in their professional and personal lives. Currently, […]
- Lessons Learned on the Campaign TrailAn Interview with Katie Nash and John Funderburk (note: interviews were edited for length and clarity) Cowork Frederick is not just a place to park your laptop, it’s a place where you come to learn, grow, and build relationships. It’s […]
- Derrick Miller: A New Faqtastic Direction For His BusinessAt Cowork Frederick you can find professionals from a variety of backgrounds and enterprises. Members are freelancers, small business owners, work from home warriors, policy consultants and lawyers, and much more. Last time we talked to Matt Johnston about his […]
- Member Spotlight: Wayne DorseyWayne Dorsey is the Founder & Chairman of The Safe Ride Foundation, Frederick County Maryland’s only 501(c)3 nonprofit organization taking a stance against driving while intoxicated. But he’s much more than that. Wayne is a social entrepreneur. He created the […]
- Member Spotlight: Bethany GoodBethany Good is a prolific poet, creative writer, author, and storyteller. Her love of the written word began early and has remained a steadfast passion over her life. For over 25 years she has honed her craft through poetry, short […]
- Behind the Music: Matt Johnston Empowers Local ArtistsCreating parent-friendly lullabies and an artist-friendly record label for the digital age. One of the benefits of joining Cowork Frederick is the fascinating and friendly folks you meet. The members here tend to be well-rounded professionals from many different industries […]
- Member Spotlight: Morgan CherishMorgan Cherish is a Speech Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP) and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who specializes in developing language-focused programs based on the science of applied behavior analysis for children with autism, Down syndrome, and other developmental disabilities. Because of […]
- Member Spotlight: Scott HarrisScott Harris is an award-winning writer and editor with instincts honed in the newsroom. Whether it’s a leading media outlet or nonprofit organization, Scott has a proven ability to bring clarity to complex subject matter for both general and expert […]
- Member Spotlight: Chris NicoliChris Nicoli is a technology professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who helps small to mid-sized businesses and non-profits understand the positive impact and ROI that technology can bring. His company, Teltek Systems, Inc., gets involved with all aspects of technology […]
- Member Spotlight: Emily MellusoEmily Melluso is a data science research professional with a passion for serving communities facing challenges. She currently works for the American Institutes for Research (AIR), where she applies her background in qualitative and quantitative research methods, survey development, and […]
- Member Spotlight: Christine GilbertChristine Gilbert has spent more than 30 years doing marketing in national, B2B companies in a wide variety of industries, including multifamily housing, printing, mortgage, nonprofits, and environmental. She has extensive experience in strategic planning and tactical implementation of marketing […]
- Member Spotlight: Andy HesslerAndy Hessler is a mechanical engineer who specializes in hydraulic system design. He has worked on platforms diverse as forklifts, combines, and crawler cranes. The challenges he faced led to him to dive deep into the analysis of fluid power […]
- Member Spotlight: Kathy DienerKathy Diener is an attorney who specializes in helping veterans who are seeking disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Kathy brings the expertise and experience needed to navigate the appeals process when benefit claims are denied (VA regulations […]
- Member Spotlight: Jane HelmJane is a Certified Financial Coach who followed her passion to help people with their everyday financial decision making. She specializes in helping her clients gain clarity around financial goal setting, communication and action steps that lead to increased confidence […]
- Member Spotlight: Matt JohnstonMatt Johnston (#Mattthelawyer) is a small business attorney. He has been in private practice since 2007 and launched his own practice, the Johnston Business Law Group in 2012. Matt is also the co-owner of Jammy Jams, a music company creating lullaby […]
- Member Spotlight: Julia FergusonAs a founder and keeper of Cowork Frederick Julia Ferguson juggles an almost inexhaustible number of roles, but at the heart of her mission is the desire to see people from all walks of life connect, grow, and thrive through building a supportive, engaging community.
- Member Spotlight: Joel HallJoel has spent the last 25 years helping others get the support they need. Whether he’s working one-on-one with people to connect them to programs that will support their growth and rehabilitation or overseeing discretionary grants programs at the State and local level, helping improve the lives of others is Joel’s calling in life.
- Member Spotlight: Liz Van BruntLiz at a Glance Profession: President of Your Third Hand Contact Info: email@example.com Personal Motto: “Don’t take it personally.” Why she chooses to cowork: To be amongst others who also seek community while working remotely. Virtual Office Management For more […]
- Member Spotlight: Courtney CromartiePivoting professions can be a messy and daunting process. Learn how one member is navigating the switch from the culinary world to the engineering and technology industry and hear her top tips for handling the chaos that comes along with a big career change.
- Featured Member: Sue SlagleRecently moved to Frederick from Portland, OR, Sue Slagle is an artist, co-owner of Kevin Slagle Design and Build (KSDB), and a property manager. Her dual interests in art and technology have led her down a fascinating path that reveals the power of saying yes and seeking out your community.