The person in this role will be responsible for creating content used to market Cowork Frederick to the public. This will include writing short blog posts and newsletter content and, to a lesser extent, creating social media posts and ads.
To be successful, you’ll need a solid understanding of Cowork Frederick and our target audience, so your first week will be spent becoming familiar with Cowork Frederick’s branding and communication style to write in our “voice”, and how to use the tools you’ll need. You’ll then start generating content that, after being reviewed and edited, will be published. You’ll get direct feedback on all your work so you can perfect it over time.
NOTE: this internship is for class credit only
Targeted majors: Business, Marketing, Communications
Tools you’ll use: Canva, Mailchimp, MS Word or Google Docs, Slack, Socialbee
Time commitment: 120 hours, typically as 10 hours a week for 12 weeks (negotiable)
- Create social media content using Canva
- Schedule social media posts using Socialbee
- Post events in Facebook
- Create Facebook and Instagram ads
- Curate and create content for our monthly “Rebels, Renegades, and Remote Workers” newsletter
- Identify at least one coworking- or freelancer-related story to share via social media each week
- Update our sidewalk sign weekly
- Write a minimum of 3 blog posts about things happening around Cowork Frederick
- Assist with routine operational tasks (restocking soft drinks, taking out trash, light cleaning, etc.)
- Provide a weekly status report of activities and progress toward goals
- Attitude – We have “playground rules”, like being considerate, to which all interns must adhere. In addition, we want you to approach your internship with integrity, leadership and a can-do attitude.
- Laptop – Everyone at Cowork Frederick uses their own computers, so you’ll need to bring a laptop you can use for your work. We’ll give you access to our network, software, and the files you need.
- Prerequisite Skills – You must have basic computer skills and good communication skills, be able work independently (once given direction) and effectively manage your time to complete tasks.
- Parking – We do not have dedicated parking. There are two parking garages within a block of our location. That said, we encourage walking, biking, car-pooling and taking public transportation.
- Work schedule – We’ll work with you to agree on a work schedule up front, then expect you to adhere that schedule. Timely arrival for work is important, as is completing the full internship term.
Let us know which internship position you want and why. Be prepared to provide us a copy of your college transcript or high school grade sheet and a resume.