Cowork Frederick, a DBA under Ferguson Holdings, LLC, was created to foster and support a coworking community in Frederick, MD. We also rent our meeting rooms spaces in exchange for an hourly or daily fee.
In this agreement, “guest” means any non-member of Cowork Frederick who has entered the space at your invitation or otherwise participated in services or events you sponsored or hosted at the space.
By signing this agreement, you agree to the following:
- Payments. Payment must be made at the time of reservation. By making a reservation (clicking the “confirm button”), you agree to make the payment required by your reservation. Reservations made online must be paid by credit card. All other reservations must be made in person and can be paid by cash, check or credit card. A returned check fee of $50 will apply if a check is returned to us. You will be invoiced for additional charges, such as for overstaying your reservation, using additional spaces without a reservation, repairs for damage, cleaning charges, and any other charge you may incur. Invoices must be paid within 5 business days of the date of the invoice or a late fee of $25 will be assessed.
- Reservation Changes or Cancellations. Reservations can be cancelled or changed up to 48 hours before the start of the reservation without penalty for changes. Cancellation refunds do not include the 1% processing fee the reservation provider charges us. Cancellations with less than 48 hours’ notice may result in a forfeiture of your fee. Reservations changed with less than 48 hours’ notice will be assessed a $25 change fee.
- Limit use to the meeting room(s) reserved, for the times reserved. Your use and your guests use of Cowork Frederick is limited to the meeting room you have reserved, the break room, and restrooms between the start and end times of your reservation. If additional space is needed for break-out sessions, conversations, food, storage or any other reason, that space must be reserved and paid for. If additional time is needed, the reservation must be extended and additional fees paid immediately. Note your reservation must cover any time needed for setup and clean up.
- Return the meeting room in good condition.> When using one of our meeting rooms, you are free to move tables or chairs, bring in food and drink, set up displays or any other (non-destructive) way of making the room the way you want it. When your meeting is over, the room must be returned to us clean, in good condition, and in the configuration you found it. Erase the whiteboards. Remove any (and every) thing you brought. Discard any trash. Recycle. This must be done within the reserved meeting room time. Failure to return the room in the condition you received it will result in a $50 cleaning fee.
- Repairs. Any damage to Cowork Frederick, including the building, furniture, fixtures, and equipment, caused by you or your guest will be repaired at the sole discretion of Cowork Frederick and you will be invoiced for the cost of such repairs.
- Liability. You are responsible and may be held financially accountable for harm or damage caused by an action or inaction on your part or the part of any guest you bring into Cowork Frederick. We recommend you maintain insurance, appropriate to your business, to cover liability, loss, theft, damage and the like. Our insurance does not protect you or your business.
- Privacy. We coworkers work in close proximity to others. Cowork Frederick is not liable for any misappropriation of private, trade secret information or business information by members or guests. In addition, you agree to not inappropriately share, reproduce, or use or attempt to obtain information or materials of any member or their business not intentionally made available to you.
- Consume responsibly and at your own risk. Cowork Frederick, its members, Glen Ferguson, Julia Ferguson, or Ferguson Holdings LLC have no liability for illness, accidents, or any bad thing that results from your consumption of any substance of any kind at Cowork Frederick.
- Obey the law. You agree not to use Cowork Frederick for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited, including doing anything that would damage, disable, or impair any property of Cowork Frederick or its members or the members themselves. If you break the law, your reservation and any future access under any circumstance will be terminated immediately.
- Abide by Cowork Frederick Policies By reserving and/or making use of a Cowork Frederick meeting room, you agree to abide and ensure your guests abide by Cowork Frederick Playground Rules below.
- Cowork Frederick disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use.Cowork Frederick reserves the right to disclose information necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request including but not limited to information about you, your participation in and use of the services Cowork Frederick provides. If you reserve one of our meeting rooms, your reservation, including the meeting name, meeting date and times, and the name of the person who reserved the room will be posted on Cowork Frederick's internal calendar and visible to Cowork Frederick members, but not the general public. If you make a written request, Cowork Frederick may, at our discretion, post your meeting on our website event calendar and assist in promoting your meeting. In such cases, we reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or remove any of your information, materials, or belongings in whole or in part from our website(s), social media pages, or premises.Cowork Frederick reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with this agreement.
By reserving a meeting room, you represent that you have the authority to do so. Also, while renting a meeting room in Cowork Frederick has many benefits, it does not empower you to make binding representations or agreements on behalf of Glen Ferguson, Julia Ferguson, Ferguson Holdings LLC, Cowork Frederick or any of its members. Oh, and, this is all legal in the State of MD.
These “Playground Rules” apply to the use of Cowork Frederick by members and non-members alike for any kind of activity (working, learning, and, yes, even playing).
- Be nice. Treat others with respect and kindness. Consider your surroundings and use a suitable level of voice and language. Turn off/down the sound on your phone, computer, or other gadgets. Use headphones. Book a room for long conversations. Clean up after yourself. Consider the rest of the world too. Conserve. Recycle. Turn off lights when leaving. Print two-sided. Just be nice.
- Pitch in. We operate with a skeleton staff to keep costs – and your fees – down. Being a member of Cowork Frederick is like living with roommates. We all contribute toward the cost of keeping a roof over our heads and the utilities on. We also help keep the place going. Make coffee. Empty the dishwasher. Take out the trash. Replace empty toilet paper rolls. See a need? Pitch in.
- Share. Sharing is at the heart of coworking. It lets us use resources like equipment, space, utilities, and supplies more efficiently. Plus, it’s nice (see #1). Instead of bringing in a box of tea, a jar of peanut butter or box of envelopes just for yourself, share. Sharing applies to ideas and activities too. Look for opportunities to include others. In other words, be a good sharer.
- Play fair. You’ve made an agreement with Cowork Frederick (e.g., membership, meeting room reservation). We operate on the honor system. Keep track of your use of the space and do the right thing when the time comes and pay for the extra day, the guest pass, or additional meeting time.
- Don’t be a bully. Avoid doing bad, annoying or otherwise not-OK things like:
- Pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming
- Defaming, abusing, harassing, or threatening others
- Pitching or promoting your business (or your kid’s fundraiser) to others trying to work
- Posting or distributing anything inappropriate, profane, defamatory, or indecent
- Mind your own business. We coworkers work in close proximity. Keeping what should be private, private is up to you. Take adequate precautions and secure your phone, computer, files, papers, etc. that may contain information you don’t want to share. On the flip side, don’t snoop in other’s materials, read through papers left on printers, or otherwise dig through other people’s stuff.
- Be safe. Don’t do foolish or dangerous things like play with matches, run with scissors, chemistry experiments with cleaning solutions. Wash your hands. Throw away food that has gone bad. Clean up spills. Let us know if something needs repair. Keep our network safe, too. Don’t upload or use files with viruses, malware, etc. that could damage the network, computers, or equipment.
- Own up to messing up. If any action or inaction on your part or that of your guest(s) cause harm or damage to anyone or anything, own up to it and make it right (fix it and/or cover related costs).
- Play responsibly. Cowork Frederick is not in the business of serving food or drink. If such food or drink exists and you partake, you do so at your own discretion and risk. Cowork Frederick, its members, Glen Ferguson, Julia Ferguson, and/or Ferguson Holdings LLC has no liability for illness, accidents, or any bad thing that results from your consumption of any substance of any kind.
- Hold each other accountable. These Playground Rules are shared with every member, Day Pass user, and meeting room renter. We should all know what they are. If someone forgets, remind him/her (with respect, like you would want). Oh, and, it’s your responsibility make sure your guests follow these rules and generally behave themselves.
- No Smoking. This might qualify under keeping Cowork Frederick safe, but it gets its own mention so there’s no confusion. No smoking or vaping is allowed in our workspace, including our back patio and front steps.
- No sleep-overs. Yes, we really do have to say it. Tempting as it might be, with amenities such as a sofa, shower, and refrigerator, you cannot make 122 E Patrick Street your home – not even for one night. Cowork Frederick is for business use only.