In this internship, you’ll pretend you have your own agency and we are your client. Using all you’ve learned to date in school, you’ll conduct research to understand our business, marketing goals and challenges, and then work with us to design a digital marketing campaign (or two). It will be a quick 12 weeks, and the underlying goal is for you to gain and learn from the experience of working with a “client” and developing a plan. If there’s time, you’ll create and publish an initial batch of content based on the agreed-upon plan, assess campaign performance, and recommend adjustments. Along the way, you’ll also help with creating content for our existing campaigns and other daily tasks.
NOTE: this internship is for class credit only
Targeted majors: Business, Marketing
Tools you’ll use: Canva, MS Word or Google Docs, Slack, Socialbee, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter
Time commitment: 120 hours, typically as 10 hours a week for 12 weeks (negotiable)
- Research past digital marketing a campaigns to identify what worked and what didn’t
- Work with us to identify a particular marketing challenge and goal to target in a new campaign
- Create a proposal (as if we are your client, but we’ll also help you as your coach in this effort)
- Create and post on targeted social media channels (after we review)
- Schedule social media posts using Socialbee
- Assist with routine operational tasks (restocking soft drinks, taking out trash, light cleaning, etc.)
- Provide a weekly status report of activities and progress toward goals
- Attitude – We have “playground rules”, like being considerate, to which all interns must adhere. In addition, we want you to approach your internship with integrity, leadership and a can-do attitude.
- Laptop – Everyone at Cowork Frederick uses their own computers, so you’ll need to bring a laptop you can use for your work. We’ll give you access to our network, software, and the files you need.
- Prerequisite Skills – You must have basic computer skills and good communication skills, be able work independently (once given direction) and effectively manage your time to complete tasks.
- Parking – We do not have dedicated parking. There are two parking garages within a block of our location. That said, we encourage walking, biking, car-pooling and taking public transportation.
- Work schedule – We’ll work with you to agree on a work schedule up front, then expect you to adhere that schedule. Timely arrival for work is important, as is completing the full internship term.
Let us know which internship position you want and why. Be prepared to provide us a copy of your college transcript or high school grade sheet and a resume.