In this internship, you’ll pretend you are a consultant we’ve hired to help us with our marketing strategy. Using all you’ve learned in schools to date, you’ll spend the first half of the internship assessing and identifying gaps in our current marketing efforts. You’ll identify our marketing goals and challenges. You’ll assess our competition. Then you’ll prepare a presentation with recommendations. The second half of your internship, you’ll work with us to design a digital marketing campaign (or two) and create an initial batch of content based on the agreed-upon campaign, assess campaign performance, and recommend adjustments.
NOTE: this internship is for class credit only. It’s an excellent opportunity to learn and is perfect for someone interested in doing two internships (must be consecutive semesters)
Targeted majors: Business, Marketing
Tools you’ll use: Canva, MS Word or Google Docs, Slack, Socialbee, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter
Time commitment: 120 hours, typically as 10 hours a week for 12 weeks (negotiable)
- Research past digital marketing a campaign to identify what worked and what didn’t
- Compare and contrast our marking to that of other coworking spaces
- Assess our competition
- Work with us to identify a marketing goal to target in a new campaign
- Create a proposal (as if we are your client, but we’ll also help you as your coach in this effort)
- Present your findings and recommendations
- Design a social media campaign and an initial batch of content
- Assist with routine operational tasks (restocking soft drinks, taking out trash, etc.)
- Provide a weekly status report of activities and progress toward goals
- Attitude – We have “playground rules”, like being considerate, to which all interns must adhere. In addition, we want you to approach your internship with integrity, leadership and a can-do attitude.
- Laptop – Everyone at Cowork Frederick uses their own computers, so you’ll need to bring a laptop you can use for your work. We’ll give you access to our network, software, and the files you need.
- Prerequisite Skills – You must have basic computer skills and good communication skills, be able work independently (once given direction) and effectively manage your time to complete tasks.
- Parking – We do not have dedicated parking. There are two parking garages within a block of our location. That said, we encourage walking, biking, car-pooling and taking public transportation.
- Work schedule – We’ll work with you to agree on a work schedule up front, then expect you to adhere that schedule. Timely arrival for work is important, as is completing the full internship term.
Let us know which internship position you want and why. Be prepared to provide us a copy of your college transcript or high school grade sheet and a resume.