Information is Power when it comes to design. The discovery process – the steps you take to gather that information – is the first and foundational step in designing great outcomes.
We’ll walk through some of the important steps of the discovery process, including:
• Assumptions and Assumption Testing – What you think you know and how to test it
• Research – The information that is readily available
• Observation – Observing user behavior in a given scenario
• User Surveys and Interviews – Getting feedback and information from stakeholders, internal, and external users
• Comparative Analysis – Looking at similar groups and across industries to see what works (and what flops)
We’ll also talk about ways to compile the feedback and data you collect and go over some useful tools to gather and visualize that data.
This is a great event for newcomers, but we’ll also have an opportunity for seasoned designers to share their own successes and pitfalls.