Cowork Frederick, a DBA under Ferguson Holdings, LLC, was created to foster and support a coworking community in Frederick, MD. We provide members access to that community and to work space with amenities such as desks, printers, and Internet access. In exchange, we charge a monthly fee based on usage.
By signing this agreement, you agree to the following:
- Payments. You agree to pay us in a timely manner. We will set up an automated monthly payment, which will include your monthly membership fee and may also include other fees incurred under the terms of this agreement. Your first months’ fees are due the day you sign up. You will be charged fees the same calendar day each month thereafter. If we notify you that your payment did not post for any reason, you must promptly make payment within two days or a late fee may be applied.
- Membership Changes or Cancellations. The minimum membership duration is two months. Thereafter, your membership will renew on a month-to-month basis at its current level. You must provide at least 30 days’ notice to cancel or change your membership. Changes and cancellations must be communicated to us in writing (email is OK). After we receive notification, you will pay one more month’s fee (we do not prorate) on your next billing date and your membership will end or change on the following billing date. Exception: Increases in membership level can happen immediately. Fees are due through the date of membership termination.
- Building Access. If you are given a token (e.g., fob, card) which allows you to access Cowork Frederick building(s), the following applies: You shall limit your access to hours allowed by your membership level. You shall not give your access token to others. You must notify us in writing within 24 hours if you lose your token. If this agreement is terminated for any reason, you must return the token within 24 hours. We may charge you a $20 fee under the terms of item 1 above if we must replace your fob.
- Network & Website Access. If you are given login credentials for the Cowork Frederick member-only network or to member-only website pages, you agree to keep those credentials private. You shall not share those credentials with any other person (member or non-member).
- Communication. While your membership is active, you agree to receive communications from us about your membership, events, and other topics via email, Slack or other means as we deem appropriate.
- Profile. While your membership is active, you agree to keep all information in your member profile , including but payment information, current.
- Liability. You are responsible, and may be held financially liable, for harm or damage caused by an action or inaction on your part or the part of your guest. “Guest” means any non-member of Cowork Frederick who has entered the space at your invitation or otherwise participated in services or events you sponsored or hosted at the space. We recommend you maintain insurance, appropriate to your business, to cover liability, loss, theft, damage and the like. Our insurance does not protect you or your business.
- Privacy. We coworkers work in close proximity to others. You agree to not inappropriately share, reproduce, use or attempt to obtain information or materials of any member or their business not intentionally made available to you. Cowork Frederick is not liable for any misappropriation of private, trade secret information or business information by members or guests.
- Consumption. You agree to consume any alcohol, food, or anything else responsibly and at your own risk. Cowork Frederick, its members, Glen Ferguson, Julia Ferguson, or Ferguson Holdings LLC have no liability for illness, accidents, or any bad thing that results from your consumption of a substance of any kind at Cowork Frederick.
- The Law. You agree not to use Cowork Frederick for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited, including doing anything that would damage, disable, or impair any property of Cowork Frederick or its members, or the members themselves. If you break the law, your membership and any future access under any circumstance will be terminated immediately.
- Abide by Cowork Frederick Playground Rules. By joining Cowork Frederick, you agree to abide by community rules. “Playground Rules” are posted in the building an on the Cowork Frederick website. Those rules may change at any time and will be effective immediately upon notice.
Cowork Frederick provides use of its space and equipment as a service and not a lease of real property and disclaims all warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for a specific purpose or use. Risk of your use of Cowork Frederick lies with you.
We reserve the right to disclose information about you, your participation in and use of the services Cowork Frederick provides as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. You permit us to publish information about you or your business, including but not limited to, your name, company name, industry, title, and URL. You permit us to take pictures of you working in our space or at Cowork Frederick events and to use them at our discretion. We may also edit, refuse to post or remove any of your information, materials, or belongings in whole or in part from our website(s), social media pages, or premises. This will all be done at Cowork Frederick’s sole discretion.
We also reserve the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with this agreement.
By clicking “I agree” on the sign-up page, you represent you have the authority to do so and in doing so are not violating any agreement you have with any other party. You understand that, while membership in Cowork Frederick has many benefits, it does not empower you to make binding representations or agreements on behalf of Glen Ferguson, Julia Ferguson, Ferguson Holdings LLC, Cowork Frederick or any of its members. Oh, and, this is all legal in the State of MD.
By clicking “I agree” on the sign-up page, you also authorize Ferguson Holdings, LLC (dba Cowork Frederick) to charge the credit card you provide for your monthly membership and other services (e.g. mail, meeting room, locker) you use. Additionally, this credit card can be charged the cost of repairing damage to the building at Cowork Frederick caused intentionally or through your negligence or that of your guests. You will notify Cowork Frederick of any exception to charges within 10 business days of the charge. This authorization is to remain in full force and effect until Cowork Frederick has received written notice from you of membership termination. per the terms above.