Cowork Frederick, a DBA under Ferguson Holdings, LLC, was created to foster and support a coworking community in Frederick, MD. We also provide a mail service, acting as a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency (CMRA) – a private business that accepts mail for recipients – and meeting rooms.
By signing this agreement, you agree to the following:
- Term. The minimum term of this agreement is two calendar months. After the first month, the term will automatically renew each month until notice is given to terminate this agreement.
- Mail Delivery. By completing and signing this agreement and the US Postal Service Form 1583, you appoint Cowork Frederick to be your agent for the receipt of your mail. You instruct us to accept trackable letters and packages, registered, certified and privately delivered articles on your behalf. NOTE: C.O.D. mail will be refused.
- Delivery and Notification. You agree that once we have sent you notification of your mail via email or through an online application, the mail and such notices shall be deemed to having been delivered, with no contest in regards to such delivery.
- Mail Pickup. You agree to pick up regular mail within 30 days after we notify you of a mail delivery. If you are unable to pick up your mail, you may give your mailbox key to someone you authorize to do so. We will assume that a person in possession of your mailbox key is authorized by you to access your mailbox. Packages must be picked up within 48 hours of delivery notification. Packages may be released to a designated pick up agent as long as you notify us in writing (email is OK). If you fail pick up mail or packages within the required time, a monthly storage fee may be applied.
- US Postal Service 1583 Form. You must complete a USPS Form 1583 and provide forms of identification as specified on that form. The original form, with photocopies of your identification, will be provided to the US Postal Service. We will also retain photocopies of the form and identification. You must inform us of changes to your home address or phone number and fill out a new Form 1583 when such changes occur. If more than one person or organization will receive mail at a single mailbox each party must fill out a separate Form 1583. We may charge an additional fee per month for such added names.
- Mailing Address. The US Postal Service requires the use the number symbol ( # ) or “PMB” before your box number in your mailing address. No other designation is valid (e.g. Suite, PO Box). If you do not comply with this address protocol, your mail may not be delivered to us properly. If we believe you are purposely violating this, we may cancel this agreement. You are responsible for notifying all correspondents, publishers, governmental agencies, and other concerned parties of the correct mailing address (found on your completed Form 1583).
- Forwarding. You understand that the U.S. Postal Service does not forward mail from a CMRA and will not accept a change of address form. You must inform all concerned parties of your new mailing address well in advance of anticipated mailbox closing. After cancellation of this service, your mail will no longer be available for pickup. If you want us to forward your mail after termination, you must provide us with a forwarding address in writing and you must pay for postage and forwarding fees. If you fail to do this, we shall refuse any further mail and, in the case of mail already received, handle such mail in accordance with USPS DMM D042.2.6-7 regulations.
- Meeting Rooms. Meeting rooms must be reserved and paid for in advance before using them. Depending in your service level, you may qualify for a discount. Meeting rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. We make no guarantee that a meeting room will be available to you at a particular date and time. After each use, you agree to return the meeting room to a clean and orderly condition (ready for the next reservation).
- Indemnification. You expressly release Cowork Frederick from all responsibility of loss, damage or the disposition of mail. We are not responsible for loss, theft or failure of the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, or any other courier to deliver mail and packages in a timely fashion or undamaged condition. You agree to protect, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and causes of action of any nature whatsoever related to use of our facilities or services, and any expense incurred in a defense of same shall be reimbursed by Applicant. I we commit or fail to commit any act which results in disruption of service and you suffer a loss, our liability shall be limited to not more than the fees paid by you for service not yet received.
- Changes or Cancellations. You must provide at least 30 days’ notice to cancel this service. Fees are due through the date of termination. Changes and cancellations must be communicated to us in writing (email is OK).
- Fees. Standard fees related to this service are posted on Cowork Frederick’s website. You will be notified via email of any changes in monthly fees at least 30 days in advance.
- Payments. Your first months’ fees are due the day you sign up. There is also a one-time $25 set-up fee for mail service. You agree to pay all fees in a timely manner. We will set up an automated monthly payment, which will include your monthly fee and may also include other fees incurred under the terms of this agreement. If we notify you that your payment did not post for any reason, you must promptly make payment within two days or a late fee may be applied. If your payment is more than 10 days late, your mail service will be suspended. We will hold existing mail, but refuse any new mail. If payment becomes more than 15 late, a thirty day “notice of service cancellation” will be mailed to the address we have on file for you and will go into effect. Please note we will not accept partial payments, prorated fees or provide refunds in the event of cancellation of service by either party.
- Mailbox Access. You will be given a key to your designated mailbox. It is your sole responsibility to secure that key. You shall not make copies of that key. At your sole discretion, you may give your key to someone you authorize to pick up your mail. We will assume that a person in possession of your mailbox key is authorized by you to access your mailbox. If this agreement is terminated for any reason, you must return the mailbox key to us immediately. Failure to return your key will result in a $30 charge.
- Building Access. If you are given a token (e.g., fob or card) which allows you to access Cowork Frederick building(s), the following applies: You shall limit your access to the hours allowed by your service level. You shall not give your access token to others. You must notify us in writing within 24 hours if you lose your token. If this agreement is terminated for any reason, you must return the token immediately. If you lose your token and need a replacement or if you fail to return your token, we may charge you a $20 fee.
- Communication. While this service is active, you agree to receive communications from us about this service, mail notices, and other topics via email, or other means as we deem appropriate. We will also post changes in fees and services on our website. You also agree to promptly update us of any changes to your name, home address, phone number, email address and payment information.
- Liability. You are responsible, and may be held financially liable, for harm or damage caused by an action or inaction on your part or the part of your guest. “Guest” means anyone who has entered the space at your invitation or otherwise participated in services or events you sponsored or hosted at the space. We recommend you maintain insurance, appropriate to your business, to cover liability, loss, theft, damage and the like. Our insurance does not protect you or your business.
- Privacy. You agree to not inappropriately share, reproduce, use or attempt to obtain information or materials of any member or their business not intentionally made available to you. Cowork Frederick is not liable for any misappropriation of private, trade secret information or business information by members or guests.
- Obey the law. You agree not to use Cowork Frederick or any service Cowork Frederick provides for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited, including doing anything that would damage, disable, or impair any property of Cowork Frederick or its members, or the members themselves. If you break the law, this agreement and any future access under any circumstance will be terminated immediately.
You understand that the relationship Cowork Frederick has with you is one of bailment, a common law legal relationship where physical possession of personal property is transferred from one person to another person who subsequently has possession of the property. Cowork Frederick provides use of its space and equipment as a service and not a lease of real property and disclaims all warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for a specific purpose or use. Risk of your use of Cowork Frederick services lies solely with you.
Cowork Frederick reserves the right to disclose information about you, your participation in and use of the services Cowork Frederick provides as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. You permit us to take pictures of you in our space to use them at our discretion. We may also edit, refuse to post or remove any of your information, materials, or belongings in whole or in part from our website(s), social media pages, or premises. This will all be done at Cowork Frederick’s sole discretion.
Cowork Frederick reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with this agreement.
By clicking “I agree”, you represent you have the authority to do so and in doing so are not violating any agreement you have with any other party. You understand that this agreement does not empower you to make binding representations or agreements on behalf of Glen Ferguson, Julia Ferguson, Ferguson Holdings LLC, Cowork Frederick or any of its members. Oh, and, this is all legal in the State of MD.
By clicking “I agree” below, you also authorize Ferguson Holdings, LLC (dba Cowork Frederick) to charge the credit card you provide for your monthly membership and other services (e.g. mail, meeting room, locker) you use. Additionally, this credit card can be charged the cost of repairing damage to the building at Cowork Frederick caused intentionally or through your negligence or that of your guests. You will notify Cowork Frederick of any exception to charges within 10 business days of the charge. This authorization is to remain in full force and effect until Cowork Frederick has received written notice from you of membership termination. per the terms above.