Interested in gaining experience in a truly unique work environment? Like tackling challenges, bringing ideas to the table, and owning their execution? Need flexible hours? School credit?
Cowork Frederick is seeking applicants for the following positions:
About our Internships
Our internships provide an opportunity to learn while surrounded by people with a variety of skills and are designed to allow you gain experience while working with others to achieve your goals. Internships typically last 12 weeks and start in June, September, and January, but can be extended. For more hours, roles can be combined.
School Credit – If your school offers credit for internships, we will gladly adapt the internship as best we can to meet their requirements.
Pay – Earn stipend payments (1099 contract labor) for satisfactorily completing an internship. Payment is made at the mid-point and completion of the internship based on performance. Goals and expectations will be established early and you’ll be given feedback regularly so you know where you stand. Additional stipends can be earned through “extra credit” projects. See below.
Bonus – In addition, joining our team as an intern will give you:
- Access to our workspace for your own projects, to meet with study groups, etc. seven days a week.
- Invitations to events that range from “lunch and learns” to networking socials.
- Opportunities to connect with others who can share insights and experiences in a broad range of professions (software development, marketing, content creation, law, etc.).
- Attitude – We have “playground rules”, like being considerate, to which all interns must adhere. In addition, we want you to approach your internship with integrity, leadership and a can-do attitude.
- Laptop – Everyone at Cowork Frederick uses their own computers, so you’ll need to bring a laptop you can use for your work. We’ll give you access to our network, software, and the files you need.
- Prerequisite Skills – You must have basic computer skills and good communication skills, be able work independently (once given direction) and effectively manage your time to complete tasks.
- Parking – We do not have dedicated parking. There are two parking garages within a block of our location. That said, we encourage walking, biking, car-pooling and taking public transportation.
- Work schedule – We’ll work with you to agree on a work schedule up front, then ask you to adhere to that schedule. Timely arrival is important, as is completing the full internship term.
- Artist of the Month Program Manager – Organize and oversee all aspects of the program as well as a monthly “Frederick Artists Night” (FAN) event.
- Marketing Content Creator – Create content used to market Cowork Frederick to the public, including writing blog posts and newsletter content and creating social media posts and ads.
Extra Credit Projects
Interns can opt to take on “extra credit projects” for a more challenging learning experience, provided doing so does not jeopardize completing the routine tasks of the internship. We will work with you to define the desired outcomes for the project and provide guidance as the project is completed. Projects will vary and must be agreed to in advance. We’ll have a few ideas to share, but also welcome your ideas on what you think would create real value.
Click on one of the internships above to review the details, then contact us.