The person in this role is responsible for running our “Artist of the Month” program. The program, run by the Cowork Frederick Foundation (the non-profit arm of Cowork Frederick, promotes local artists while bringing art to the walls of Cowork Frederick.
The Artist of the Month Program intern organizes and oversees all aspects of the program as well as a monthly “Frederick Artists Night” (FAN) event. FAN brings together local artists, musicians, poetry readers, etc. for a reception open to the public every First Saturday.
You’ll wear a lot of hats and “own” the success of the program as measured by how smoothly the program runs (artists lined up in advance, are well-informed, issues are addressed quickly, etc.). Your first week you’ll be given a crash course on the program and shown how to use the tools you’ll need, then the program will be handed over to you to run (with our support, of course).
Targeted majors: Marketing, Hospitality/Event Planning, Business, Art
Tools you’ll use: Canva, MS Word or Google Docs, Slack, WordPress, Socialbee, Facebook Events
Time commitment: Typically 10 hours/week for 12 weeks (negotiable)
Stipend: From $500 to $1000, based on performance, paid 50% at mid-point, 50% at completion
- Using a list we will provide, line up artists, musicians, poets, etc. for the program
- Gather information (art, music, etc.) and generate content to be used in social media posts, flyers and posters and on the Cowork Frederick and Cowork Frederick Foundation websites.
- Create FAN event social media posts and schedule them using Socialbee
- Add FAN events to Facebook and to the Cowork Frederick website event calendar
- Handle all communication related to the program and events
- Work with artists to schedule hanging and removing of artwork
- Work the FAN event, 3 pm to 8 pm each First Saturday
- Assist with routine operational tasks (restocking soft drinks, taking out trash, light cleaning, etc.)
- Provide a weekly status report of activities and progress toward goals
Let us know which internship position you want and why. Be prepared to provide us a copy of your college transcript or high school grade sheet and a resume.